Thursday, March 30, 2017

Adepticon - Saturday

Saturday - also known as, why not wake up with another massive headache.  Anyway, I managed to get that under control and head to an early morning seminar:  Airbrushing Master Class - How to Paint an Infinity Tag taught by Angel Giraldez.

I took a class with Angel last year, not a hands on class mind you, and thought it was a wonderful class so I quickly jumped a chance to do an hands on class, esp an airbrush one.  Despite struggling with my particular airbrush (back to back clogs, followed by dry tip spitting that did not want to go away) I thought it was a pretty good class.  I only made it through the 4th step because of the issues I mentioned, but I thought I did do was pretty decent:


Definitely seeing Angel at work, up close, with an airbrush and then actually managing to use the airbrush similarly (at times) gives me a lot of direction of how and where to work on my skills, and the confidence to pursue it.

Getting out of that class, I caught up with Stu for a quick lunch and then we both went our separate ways again.  Then another round in the vendor hall and caught a demo of Test of Honour by Warlord Games (the rules I previously reviewed).  As I suspected, the game is pretty good.  I did find out for some scenarios when you draw the first and second fate token special things can happen.  I also learned that when your samurai dies, that is the end of the game.  Not my favorite mechanic and a mechanic that IMO seems to contrary to playing for any other objectives in the game.

Derek also dragged me over to the Dust booth to get a demo.  Seemed like a pretty good game but at the time I had to defer to the fact that the local crowd is Konflik 47 oriented.  Appreciate the demo though and definitely thought there were some interesting aspects to the game.

Then it was time for Car Wars:  Food Truck Fallout!  Hosted by Lathan.  And joined by few of the other members of the Anonymous Tabletop podcast.  Lathan did a really great job providing an interesting theme, managing the game flow and action, and just in general hosting a great event.




Lathan even let us take home our food trucks.  And I think I will have to try out the Anonymous Tabletop podcast, because they were a riot.  This event ran a little long though, so I missed my Space Hulk game but no real regrets since I had such a good time.  After we wrapped up, I hung out a bit until the bitz trading started up.  Not really anything there of interest to me.  But after I grabbed some dinner, I made the slightly costly decision to check again:

What's in the bag!?
That pretty much wrapped up Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment