Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2016 Hobby Audit (Final Thoughts) Part 4/4

As you may have seen, 2016 was pretty much a loss on the hobby front.  Granted, there has been/was lots of, outside the hobby issues, to deal with.  I hoping to get back on track this year but I fear that things will get pretty bumpy once my wife returns back to work.  We are definitely going to have our hands even more full at that point, which is not something I can really comprehend being possible.  We'll just have to see.

Per last year, I will wrap it up with a few of my favorite things from 2016 (random order, as they come to mind):
  • Deadpool.  I got everything, and a little more, I wanted out of this movie.  I'm not to certain how a sequel will fair but I look forward to giving it a shot.
  • Flash TV Show has me thoroughly hooked.  
  • Overwatch is a fantastic FPS that I have continued to lose many hobby hours to.
  • The (2013) Tomb Raider (video game) reboot was incredible.
  • The Forever War by Joe Haldeman shows there are definitely lots of old goodies out there (for me at least) when it comes to SciFi books.  And so much crammed into such a short book.  Amazing.
  • Playing Autoduel (?) at Adepticon.  I don't know why it is not there for 2017, but an incredibly thematic game, interesting mechanics and well executed.  Ok, it helped that I won in an epic fashion but still.  
  • Meeting Seppy Yoon at Adepticon and getting to play his game End of the Line.  So happy for his success.  Even more amazed that I got my KS for the game months early!
  • Although I haven't gotten to really take advantage of it, the local gaming group definitely seems to have expanding interest.  Konflict 47 has swept onto the scene and pushed Bolt Action aside (it would seem).  Frostgrave is extremely popular.  Lots talk about Deadzone/Warpath.  
  • Guild Ball continues to be one of my favorite games despite only getting a few matches in.  Wish I could have devoted time in 2016 to drum up local interest in the game.  
Next time, maybe, hobby goals for 2017.  Definitely going to have to scale back to "try" to account for all the new factors.


No comments:

Post a Comment