Monday, August 27, 2018

Vehicular Combat - Resurrecting the Forgotten

Once upon I time, I had embarked on a special project to build some vehicles for some (previously unidentified) vehicular combat game.  You can find the beginnings of that project and the first completed car build here.  Recently Gaslands has gained a bit of traction locally, so I've dusted this abandoned project off (I never got around to finishing the 3 other cars shown/mentioned in that post).
Two new cars join the original (left most)
The El Camino on the left got updated with some weathering powders while I was doing that work on the 2 new cars.  Pretty happy with how these turned out.  I regretted doing a chop top on the taxi (middle) for the longest time.  It really turned into a nightmare, but it finally came together and I'm happy with it (other than the window plates on the taxi).  I also dreaded the painting the white on the old school ambulance, but I think it turned out ok.  Just one more car to do to finish leg 1 on the grander project.  With Gaslands being a pretty good ruleset, maybe I can get motivated to to finish this leg up and tackle the next leg.  Anyway, here are more shots of the new cars:



Paints used on the Taxi:

  • RMS Marigold Yellow (Shade), RMS Sunlight Yellow (Base), RMS Lemon Yellow (Highlight)
  • Who knows what for the steel plates.
  • Misc weathering stuff.
Paints used on the Ambulance:

  • RMS Creamy Ivory (Shade), RMS Creamy Ivory + VMA White 1:1 (Base), VMA White (Highlight with excessive overspray)
  • Bars and plates, no idea
  • The red was just some random red I grabbed, should have probably been a brighter red...
  • Misc weather stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment