Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Half Year Recap (Painting)

So continuing the previous post, here is a brief update on what all I've been painting the past few months.  These are no particular order since my memory is a little fuzzy.  Mostly I had concentrated on Outlaws for Wild West Exodus, with a couple of distractions/breaks along the way.

Jesse James and Friends

Not really a fan of the longhorn skulls these have, so opted
out and have some decals to add instead.
Love these bikes and after shaving off all the Lawman stars,
they are ready for duty as Outlaws (or even Lawmen).
Never could get glow effects to work out with these guys,
so I backed out of that completely.


Some local people wanted to do an true old west game using Dead Man's Hand, so I dusted off some old Black Scorpion minis I had (unpainted of course) and knocked these guys out.  It was a nice break in the middle of the WWX stuff above.  About the time I was adding the last highlights to these, I caught Pale Rider on TV.  I was a little dumbfounded when Stockburn's Deputies showed up in the movie.  Maybe that image was buried deep in the back of my mind guiding me.


I almost went back and repainted the color of my hats...

And for my last distraction from pulling together 1500 pts of Outlaws in time for Adepticon, I decided to go back and finally finish off my Company of Iron force that I was supposed to have ready in time for the previous Adepticon.  lol.

I should really ditch the rest of my Menoth figures.  I really don't
want to paint anymore of these guys.
Anyway, I've got some other stuff in progress.  Some 40k Space Marines for Kill Team and some Lawmen for WWX (so I can have a demo force).  I've also been assembling a ton of Greeks for Mortal Gods.  And even threw some Fallout super mutants together to have ready as a distraction.

My first attempt at the color scheme I wanted.  Seemed to
much like Dark Angels.  Kinda wished I had kept it though.
Second attempt and what I'm working with now.  I "think" it
will come together the way I want.  The other would have been
lower risk though.
Just getting base coats blocked in.

Oh dear, that's a bunch and I'm not even showing you the
archers, slingers, and javelin guys...  Or the Spartans...
These should be fun.
Anyway, that mostly gets me caught up with the first half of this year.  Maybe I can get back to at least posting up monthly recaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment