Friday, January 4, 2019

November/December Recap

Finished up the year fairly strong with games played and a bit of a slow down on models painted, although there was a good bit of assembly.  Between November and December, I continued on in the new Bolt Action escalation league playing about 8 games.  The recent games in the league have been a bit brutal as the Allied players (myself included) faced 3 straight weeks of superior Axis forces (1.5x, 2x and 2x respectively) as we play through the scenarios in Western Desert.

Allies prepare for the Italian assault.

In addition to the Bolt Action games, I also actually got two games of Konflikt 47 in at 1000 pts.  Both were fun games.

Uh Joe, we gotta a serious problem over here.

Sadly with the chaos of the holidays in full affect, I still haven't gotten a game of Guild Ball with the new Season 4 rules.  Maybe soon.  

Painting was primarily limited to getting a Sherman and a light anti-tank gun painted for the escalation league, along with model assembly for what I had planned out for the rest of the league.  I managed a little work on Wild West Exodus attack and gun dogs, but haven't managed to wrap them up yet.  Then on the very last day of the year, to make sure I could count them in my totals with a clear conscience, I finished the last bit on my Chaffee and Greyhound Bolt Action vehicles (which was just dust, mud and varnishes).



In any case, a pretty good year for painting and playing even if it has been heavily focused on Bolt Action.  Not a such good year for my hobby budget allegedly...  More on that when I work up the nerve for my 2018 retrospective.


No comments:

Post a Comment