Tuesday, February 27, 2018

January/February Recap

Ok, so I am a little behind on posting up to the blog.  Things have been pretty busy this year (already) on all fronts:  family, hobby and work.  Before we recap Jan & Feb (combined since I failed to even get a January recap up), let me remind myself about some missing blog posts I need to get up:
  • Final Thoughts of 2017 Hobby Audit
  • Hobby Goals for 2018
  • Company of Iron Hobbying
  • Bolt Action Hobbying
  • Bolt Action Proxy Hobbying
Alright, with that done and spoiling a few things, let's jump to what has been keeping me so busy (on the hobby front) the past 2 months.  The main item that kept me busy during January was the Tale of Three (Four, nope Three) Gamers challenge for Company of Iron.  I posted a bit up about this challenge a few weeks ago, here and have made a few updates directly to Mike that he has posted on his blog Mini Mayhem.  I did not get my unit painted up by the Jan deadline and it has dragged through most of Feb (yes, I might not make Feb either).

This is partly due to some burn out (I pushed really hard at the end of Jan to try make my painting goal for Company of Iron) and partly due to stumbling upon a Bolt Action escalation league at our new local store, Lucky Dice Cafe.  The league had a big mega battle (2500+ pts per side) at the end of Jan to launch the league.  With the Company of Iron challenge hanging over me (along with my failure of the Jan goal) I really did not want to take on more projects.  But, I really wanted to be involved in something with the new store and to expand beyond my limited play opportunities.  Given there were already 8 people signed up for the league, I went for it.

Which meant, I need to assemble my first 250 pts by the start of the league which was only a week later and to eventually get them painted up by the end of Feb.  Both of which I did, so some great hobby progress was accomplished, although I am still behind on my other challenge. 

Anyway, to compliment the Bolt Action hobby time, I've also managed to get 4 games of BA between Jan and Feb.  Granted, the first was just a couple of turns of a partial force of Germans for the league kickoff game and the 3 other games have been at the 250 pts level for this month's league.  Still, its been good to get out a play and to see something like this going on at the new game store.  I even believe over the month of Feb we saw the league grow to 14 players.  Maybe some of those people can be converted to Konflikt 47 players...




No comments:

Post a Comment